Reddawg1
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I log into my router? I just upgraded to the newest router and it should be admin & Password. But as soon as I start typing 3 spaces show up and after a few tries it stops me from logging in. I need to open port 80 to view my cameras on my security system. Any help?

Also when I try to connect my blu-ray it says the wep key is too long. Any Help?

0 Likes
Re: Log into router
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Reddawg wrote:

How do I log into my router? I just upgraded to the newest router and it should be admin & Password. But as soon as I start typing 3 spaces show up and after a few tries it stops me from logging in. I need to open port 80 to view my cameras on my security system. Any help?

Also when I try to connect my blu-ray it says the wep key is too long. Any Help?

NO, if the newest it should actually be admin and the serial number which is marked as the password on the back of the router.

The multiple characters that appear in the password file on login are a pathetic way to over the shoulder watchers to disguize the password length>

Try ignoring the dross and once you're logged on just set the Port forwarding rules.

If you've managed to lock yourself out of the router then just reset it to to factory defaults and start it again using the above.

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once you've managed to logon you can change the wep key.  I would suggest that you abandon using wep and change your security to wpa2 - actually with the newest routers I think you'll find that will improve your wireless thruput dramatically too.

Are you wanting to access your security system remotely? is that why you are opening port 80?

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

viafax999 wrote:

if the newest it should actually be admin and the serial number

"newest" implies the rev I which has the password printed on the first line of the service label.  It is not the same as the serial number.

0 Likes
Reddawg1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am wanting to remote view my security cameras.

0 Likes