Re: Login has been temporarily disabled due to too many unsuccessful login attempts.
Whitestang
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just power off the router, wait a few minutes, turn it back on. It keeps the configuration (e.g., the SSID) but resets all the other router settings including bad logins.

@Plohish wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know in how long after recieving the message "Login has been temporarily disabled due to too many unsuccessful login attempts. Please try again later." I will be able to login?

Regards,

Alex

Re: ... too many unsuccessful login attempts - Router Adjustments
Gahvno
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having the same problem with my new FIOS router and tried the copy/paste method mentioned by another dude on here...

It worked! 

0 Likes
Re: Login has been temporarily disabled due to too many unsuccessful login attempts.
sabvar

@Whitestang wrote:

Just power off the router, wait a few minutes, turn it back on. It keeps the configuration (e.g., the SSID) but resets all the other router settings including bad logins.

Thank you Whitestang!  You saved me a lot of time and headache. I received the login temporarily disabled message about a week ago and I kept checking back 10min, 30min, hour later but still the same message. Then tonight, a week later, I tried again and got the same message. I thought I was going to have to reset the router and reconfigure everything. I saw your post and restarted the router. Then I tried to login and no longer got the temporarily disabled message - it reset the bad logins. I got the right password on the 3rd try. Phew! So relieved. Thank you!!!

0 Likes
BILLYNANNA2002

DOWNLOAD VERIZON IN HOME AGENT

SIGN IN WITH YOUR VERIZON ID AND PASSWORD

CLICK ON INTERNET TAB

CLICK ON NETWORK SUPPORT LINK

UNDER NETWORK SUPPORT, CLICK UPDATE VERIZON ROUTER PASSWORD

RESET YOUR PASSWORD AND YOU ARE DONE!

GO TO 192.168.1.1

LOGIN WITH YOUR ID (EX: admin)

TYPE IN YOUR NEW PASSWORD

GOOD LUCK!

ANNA MARIE

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@BILLYNANNA2002 wrote:

DOWNLOAD VERIZON IN HOME AGENT

SIGN IN WITH YOUR VERIZON ID AND PASSWORD

CLICK ON INTERNET TAB

CLICK ON NETWORK SUPPORT LINK

UNDER NETWORK SUPPORT, CLICK UPDATE VERIZON ROUTER PASSWORD

RESET YOUR PASSWORD AND YOU ARE DONE!

GO TO 192.168.1.1

LOGIN WITH YOUR ID (EX: admin)

TYPE IN YOUR NEW PASSWORD

GOOD LUCK!

ANNA MARIE

No need for Verizon In Home agent.  You can just press the reset button on the router if you want to. 

You can also See the Verizon Router Password from this site or, if you have a VERIZON STB, from your TV.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes