Mac Problems
Val1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need help... After spending an hour plus with the in-home agent, an hour on the phone (automated system and on hold - never got to talk to a person), and driving to the Apple store, I am reaching the end of the line.

The issue - I have a PC and a Mac. Both worked fine on my home network up until a week ago.

The PC still works fine. The Mac can connect wireless but cannot access much more than home pages. (example: I can go to a retail website but once I try to use any feature the connection drops - I can get to facebook but cannot reply to anyone - I can get to log in screens but once I log in the computer returns with "Request Timeout"  "The server timed out while waiting for the browser's request."  "Reference #2.dbb302cc.1299123906.0")

I have tried - resetting the modem, the Mac, both, changing the WEP, the WPA, the baud rate, the channel, the SSID, the DHCP, turning everything off and counting to 20 -nothing seems to work.

To further isolate the issue - the Mac works fine - at work, at school, at the apple store, at borders, hot spots..

The Mac does not work on the only network I pay for..!

Any help is greatly appreciated - I even sent an email to Verizon - the response was to try the two method I had already tried with no success.

Re: Mac Problems
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Which channels did you try?
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK .. sounds like your location is setup wrong on the Mac.  What kind of Mac and OSX version do you have?    Click on the "Apple" and select "About this Mac" and tell me all that it says ...

0 Likes
Val1231
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mac OS X - Version 10.5.8

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Shablap

Hello - This is a problem for me also and I have been blasting files off my MAC for a few days when I had time and gaining  some ground but then I lose it again.  There are several postings about this dating back to 2005 for various versions of Safari and all have something to offer, but I had to back peddle to get to this page even so that gives everyone an idea of what is happening.  It runs and runs before a timeout.  I have not read the posts here yet  but I don't think this is Verizon's problem.  Not unless they really jammed the routers and that would be a piece of work.  

Good Luck.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK ... Leopard, so you don't have Locations so we'll need to play with the live configuration instead of setting up a new one.

System Preferences -> Network

Click on Advanced for the currently active interface (which should likely be Ethernet since you should be hard wired)

Tell me the exact contents of the DNS and Proxies tabs

0 Likes
meddle
Enthusiast - Level 2

It almost sounds like that same problem that I had until today. 

Check this thread:

0 Likes