Malware Verizon Internet Security Suite misses
CBombdr

How can I get rid of malware files in my Windows/System32/Config folder that Verizon Security Suite doesn't see? There are two files (possibly more), ampinglo.evt and secevent.evt that when I run a Verizon Security Suite scan Verizon Security Suite just buzzes right by them as if they're not there. Verizon Security Suite doesn't identify them as malware or quarantine them, and Verizon Security Suite was working on my PC when these malware files were somehow installed. Any ideas on how I can get rid of these files since the service I pay Verizon for every month is of little use? Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Malware Verizon Internet Security Suite misses
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

I would use a root kit remover.  I like smitfraudfix.exe (the one not associated with Joe Danger)(at ..w.siri...something) I would update it in windows (along with whichever antivirus I am using) and then run each in SAFE mode when I believe I have a bug or virus.  Lately I also like combofix.exe.       NO antivirus\antispyware  is100% effective all the time. 

Hubrisnxs
Legend

you can try their free removal tool,   sign in at www.myverizon.com and then after you sign in click on this,  http://my.verizon.com/micro/securityscan/

this is different than the security suite and may help remove.  if that doesn't work and some of the free tools mentioned doesn't work.  then call verizon and tell them and they will transfer you to mcafee to have them help you remove.

Hubrisnxs
Legend
I also like malwarebytes and super anti spyware. Combofix is highly recommended
0 Likes