manage Network Connections Question
ssgmike

Hello. When I access my network and sharing center and go to manage network connections I see the following: [ I am running verizon FIOS using a Verizon MI424WR router.]

broadband [1]

broadband connection with a green check mark,

diconnected

and WAN Miniport[ppoe]

========================================

The following shows connected

Lan or highspeed internet

Local Area connection

Mike's line

Realtek RTL8168C/P[811] <<<this is my network card I believe

===============================================

If I click on the system icon bottom right first I have a what looks like a light blue button of some sort on top of my internet icon. Clicking the icon it pops up wtih

currently connected to Mike's line local and intenet

and under that 'connect to a network" network and sharing center"

If I am on verizon fios internet [ which I assume to be broadband connection , why would I be local ? Hope I am explaining this in english.

Thank you

06-21-2009 08:06 AM

0 Likes
Re: manage Network Connections Question
prisaz
Legend

===============================================

If I click on the system icon bottom right first I have a what looks like a light blue button of some sort on top of my internet icon. Clicking the icon it pops up wtih

currently connected to Mike's line local and intenet

and under that 'connect to a network" network and sharing center"

If I am on verizon fios internet [ which I assume to be broadband connection , why would I be local ? Hope I am explaining this in english.

Thank you

06-21-2009 08:06 AM

Local and Internet means you have a local connection to your network, and Internet means you have a connection to the Internet through your Default Gateway. Based on your description, you are running Vista or Windows 7, and the Default Gateway is the Verizon Supplied Router. Are you having connection problems? If you would like to find out what your public IP address is on the router, you would need to log in at 192.168.1.1 with your web browser. User Name is admin and password is password or password1.