MI424WR Router - connection on and off - noticing freezing also
wilc2

Hi,

Our internet connection (ethernet cabels and wi-fi) have been on and off since last year Fall. And as per instructed each time we called, we reboot router, pcs, etc, to resolve the connectivity issue each time it happened.

Now, it become more frequent again. And the last 3 times we've noticed when connection froze/dropped, the router lights were actually all solid green including the internet indicator light.

Can we be sure that the router is old and need to be replaced or there's other explaination?

thx

wilc

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: MI424WR Router - connection on and off - noticing freezing also
BradenMcDaniel
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bad routers do happen; and they can fail in some rather entertaining ways.

When I first got FiOS service some years ago, the first router Verizon gave me was bad. In my case, the symptom was that the connection would just totally drop off for 30-45 seconds every so often, then resume. When I'd call and complain, I was told I needed to call when experiencing the problem.

Ahem. Of course, if I started to contact Verizon when noticing the problem, the connection would have resumed well before I got through to a representative.

After some weeks of this, I insisted on a replacement router. I got one and the problem went away.

Call back, calmly explain the entirety of what you've been through, and insist on a replacement router.

In the worst case, the problem will persist and you will have ruled out the router as its source.