MI424WR Router Question
Reddawg1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does this router work with the 50/50 speed. I did a speed ckeck on 7 different and can get no better then 22/20mbs.

Is this a router problem or is VZ puposly slowing it down. I am Paying for Quantum 50/50.

Any Thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: MI424WR Router Question
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Which hardware revision of the MI424-WR?  You ddidn't specify.  There have been seven different hardware revisions.

Connecting wired or wireless?  Again you don't specify.

The fact that you are getting 20/22 strongly mplies you're connecting via 802.11g.  20/20 is about normal for versions of the MI424-WR that only support 802.11g (rev. A-E).

If you have a rev. F or rev. I, are you sure your devices are capable of 802.11n?  You need devices capable of 802.11n to get better than 20/20 wirelessly.

0 Likes
Re: MI424WR Router Question
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

As Anti-Phish says, it will be helpful to know what version of router you have.

You should also tell us if you're testing over WiFi or a wired connection.  WiFi speeds are not guaranteed.  For best results, you need to use a wired connection.

For the record, I routinely pull 60Mbps(*) from my Actiontec Rev I. over Ethernet.  My WiFi speeds vary depending on the device and distance from the router.  I have to run 802.11n/g "compatibility mode" as I have some "g" only devices.  This slows my WiFi down a bit.

(*) I get 60Mbps because I have the 50/50 plan and TV.  Verizon gives TV users an extra 10Mbps to cover on-demand bandwidth.

Good Luck.

0 Likes