MI424WR Router Signon Proble
TommyDee

I logged in to my router to change to a new username and password (from the original default that came with installation).  Now when I try to input the new password to login the system enters 2-3 characters for every key that I press and I cannot login with new user name and password.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MI424WR Router Signon Proble
Justin46
Legend

Sure, just ignore the extra characters. That is a (IMHO) lame security featurel to make it more difficult for someone to watch over your shoulder and figure out what password you entered.

If you enter the login name and password as you originally set them, ignoring the screen, it will work. If for some reason you still cannot log in, then reset the router back to the factory defaults by pressing the Reset button on the router. The login should then be "admin" and "password" and you will be required to change the password immediately.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: MI424WR Router Signon Proble
Justin46
Legend

Sure, just ignore the extra characters. That is a (IMHO) lame security featurel to make it more difficult for someone to watch over your shoulder and figure out what password you entered.

If you enter the login name and password as you originally set them, ignoring the screen, it will work. If for some reason you still cannot log in, then reset the router back to the factory defaults by pressing the Reset button on the router. The login should then be "admin" and "password" and you will be required to change the password immediately.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes