MI424WR signal boost?
sewall
The signal from MI424WR is too weak to serve my entire house. Any suggestions on boosting the signal? Or do you know if Verizon will add equipment to improve the signal?
0 Likes
Re: MI424WR signal boost?
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
You can run a Ethernet wire from the verizon router to the side of the house with the weak signal and add a wireless access point at your expense. You can also try a high gain antenna at your expense. Just a couple of ideas.
0 Likes
sewall
No way I'm running ethernet. Can you recommend a better antenna?
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

have you tried changing the channel for the wireless settings. It doesn't boost the signal but makes it a bit more clearer thus perhaps giving you your connection on the other side of the house.  Give that a try first.

0 Likes
regular_guy1
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are lots of things you could try.

The simplest thing is to try placing your router as high and centered as possible.

Give Your Wireless Signal a Boost

Wireless Signal Tweaking

Boost Your Wireless Signal With a Homemade Wifi Extender

You can also use Google and search for something like the following:

getting the best wireless signal

I personally use a wireless bridge setup.

-rg

0 Likes
sewall

Am I right that I can change the channel on the router's website. Related to that, I know that the router id and password were "password1" upon installation (last week). I logged into it myself several times. Just yesterday I noticed this wasn't working. Does the id/password reset itself to something? This is very odd.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
the password doesn't change unless your do a reset of the router and then it goes back to the original password.
0 Likes