MOCA Bridge
renoravi

Hello. Need some help. I have been goin through these forums and google searching but cannot find any similar situations that other people have encountered. I live in a multi unit condo. My ONT box is located in the common area on the ground floor. Every unit has their own ONT box located in the utility closet. My apartment is wired for COAX. (I have Internet only and do not need TV). Currently it is not possible to run Ethernet from my ONT to my apartment. I do not want to pay $10/month for the Quantum Gateway or buy outright as I would like to use my own router. So I want to connect the COAX to some sort of bridge and then an Ethernet from the bridge to my own router. Is his possible? Do these bridges exist? Thank you for any help you can provide. 

0 Likes
Re: MOCA Bridge
jonjones1
Legend

@renoraviwrote:

Hello. Need some help. I have been goin through these forums and google searching but cannot find any similar situations that other people have encountered. I live in a multi unit condo. My ONT box is located in the common area on the ground floor. Every unit has their own ONT box located in the utility closet. My apartment is wired for COAX. (I have Internet only and do not need TV). Currently it is not possible to run Ethernet from my ONT to my apartment. I do not want to pay $10/month for the Quantum Gateway or buy outright as I would like to use my own router. So I want to connect the COAX to some sort of bridge and then an Ethernet from the bridge to my own router. Is his possible? Do these bridges exist? Thank you for any help you can provide. 

I don’t know if this is what your looking for. But http://www.mocainyourhouse.com

0 Likes
renoravi

I have seen these but from my understanding, they work with existing home networks as extenders or repeaters. Can I use this without having any other existing home router?

0 Likes
renoravi

I think these are MOCA lan adapters where I would need a MOCA WAN adapter. Has anyone every solved this with a same scenario?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

They should work both ways.

A MOCA adapter takes MOCA to ethernet and vice versa.

A network extender is what is needed to add wifi to an area that has weak or no coverage.

BTW, you can also buy the Quantum gateway instead of paying $10/month

renoravi

Are you saying that this product would work?

Actiontec Single Dual-Band Wireless Network Extender and Ethernet Over Coax Adapter (WCB3000N) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FKTMWDE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-bWMAbHRNWZE8 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Yes that is an adapter. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Although it says adapter, suspicious with WiFi?

Look for actiontec moca adapter. No need for WiFi.

0 Likes
renoravi

Problem not solved. Both both the Actiontech WCB3000N and Motorola Bonded 2.0 MOCA adapter. Both did not work. Just both the Netgear MCA1001. Hopefully this work. If not. I’ll just buy the quantum router outright. 

0 Likes
maymaycraycray

Were you able to find a solution to this? I found this thread AFTER purchasing the actiontec network adapter and it is not working. I'm also trying to get rid of my gateway router and use ethernet though my internet is coax.

0 Likes