Re: MoCA drops receive only every ten minutes
jdramm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi dexman,

I had the amplifier in, but I've also now tried it without the amplifier -- same problem.

(I also confirmed that the ONT coax is only delivering TV to the STBs -- without the ONT coax connected, my internet access still works, as it's coming from the router's coax.)

So, I'm now on a new MoCA 8-way splitter, ONT direct to splitter 'input', and still get no incoming packets for a second or so, once every ten minutes.

Decided to also try ONT and router each going into a 2:1 splitter, and using the output of the splitter to feed into the 8:1 splitter. Again, everything works apart from losing incoming packets every ten minutes.

I ran two PCs using wifi to the same extender, and confirmed they both lose incoming packets at the same time. Have done similar tests with the extender ethernet ports -- it's not a wifi issue.

Running out of ideas. All signal levels look great in the diagnostics on the router and extenders.

Thanks,

John.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

If that's the case, could list all of your MoCA devices on the network?

I think it is a MoCA version compatibility issue now.

jdramm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Further information before listing all devices… if I power off two extenders, and just use one extender, it’s almost 100% stable. Adding a second, it’s got an issue once every hour or two. Adding the third, it’s every ten minutes. Tried different combinations, and it doesn’t matter which extenders are on/off. I know one of the extenders is hardware version 1102. I’ve seen issues with two extenders and that one turned off, so I don’t think that’s the issue.

ONT Verizon I-211M-L

Router

Firmware Version 3.1.0.13
Hardware Version 1103
Model Name G3100

Extender 1
Model Name E3200
Hardware Version 1102

Extender 2
Model Name E3200