MoCA Extender - Technical Question
wsr203
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have Fios internet with the G3100 Router and a G3200 extender.

I understand that my existing STB MoCA network broadcast on a certain MoCA frequency.

I have a working ScreenBeam ECB7250 MoCA adapter that is on my network. I noticed on the Admin page of the ScreenBeam where users can change default values that under the MoCA there was a field labeled "LOF" with a value of 1150.

1. Is the LOF field a description of the MoCA frequency that the ECB7250 is transmitting?

2. Is LOF a way for me to change the default frequency value on my MoCA adapter so that it does not interfere with my exiting STB MoCA network?

3. If I am correct (highly unlikely) what MoCA frequency would you recommend - 1,400 or higher not to exceed the 1,675 that my Verizon splitters allow?

Any assistance is appreciated

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MoCA Extender - Technical Question
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

ECB7250 is using MoCA 2.5 standard. MoCA 2.5 generally operates 5 channels across the entire D band spectrum, namely 1175, 1275, 1375, 1475, and 1575MHz. If you adjust the Lowest Operating Frequency (LOF) up, you will lose some channels and push the bonded channels to start at a higher frequency than 1175MHz. Loss of channels would reduce your throughput to gigabit simplex or worse 500Mbps simplex. Since ECB7250 has a 2.5GbE port, you should leave the LOF as is.

ECB7250 should not interfere with the STB MoCA, which is unbonded 2.0 or 1.1. Are you experiencing interference issues?

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

ECB7250 is using MoCA 2.5 standard. MoCA 2.5 generally operates 5 channels across the entire D band spectrum, namely 1175, 1275, 1375, 1475, and 1575MHz. If you adjust the Lowest Operating Frequency (LOF) up, you will lose some channels and push the bonded channels to start at a higher frequency than 1175MHz. Loss of channels would reduce your throughput to gigabit simplex or worse 500Mbps simplex. Since ECB7250 has a 2.5GbE port, you should leave the LOF as is.

ECB7250 should not interfere with the STB MoCA, which is unbonded 2.0 or 1.1. Are you experiencing interference issues?

wsr203
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Chang_Household - Thanks for the prompt reply. I appreciated the MoCA lesson. I will leave the LOF field "as-is" on the Admin page of the extenders. Your post was clear and answered my question wonderfully.