Most terrible experience! Ever!
Customer111
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don’t even know where to start. Verizon was the worst decision I ever made! I had optimum previously and was happy with my service until one of the Verizon workers came to my door and offered me the internet service for a “better” price. She told us we would be paying $50 a month including taxes (we were paying less than that in optimum) but that we would get a way better internet and they wouldn’t charge us installation because she would make it so the first month we had the highest speeds and after that our plan would switch over to 300 and for that point we would be paying $50. 
FIRST. The tech that was supposed to come in NEVER showed up after a took an entire day off of work waiting and the customer service is just as worst so of course I couldn’t get in touch with someone for hours! They schedule me again for the following week! Then once installed the internet became so so much worse than it was before. I have a nest camera it freezes on every frame, our bedrooms don’t get Internet not even the living room tv right NEXT to the router!! 
SECOND. I’ve called probably six to eight times trying to get customer support it is IMPOSSIBLE. 
THIRD. They are charging me $90 a month and when I talked to the lady that first came to my door about the plan she tells me I had to switch the plan myself even though she never told us that before. That was upsetting, then when I went to the app to make the switch turns out that for the 300 plan it is actually worth $75! I reached back to the Verizon worker that came to my door, and she tells me that it’s because I didn’t switch it before the month started but after that month it would be $50. Of course after the many many red flags I did not believe her and showed her what they were charging me. She then says oh yeah it’s going to be $58 plus the fees from here on out for that plan.

Now I’m just hoping i can get in contact with someone from Verizon to cancel my service as I am within the first 30 days to get my money back!!! But who knows if that will be possible because in order to reach someone from Verizon it could literally take weeks (I tried the scheduled call back they never call). 

I am so frustrated with this entire situation I completely regret switching to Verizon the literal WORST company I have done business with not to mention the Verizon worker that lied to us multiple times. 

If anyone from Verizon is able to reach out to me to solve this situation please please do I am exhausted!

0 Likes
Re: Most terrible experience! Ever!
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am sorry for your experience. You are talking mainly to other customers here.

300/300 (symmetrical as opposed to unsymmetrical Optimum cable speeds) should cost $39.99/mo with auto-pay debit card and without contracts. $75 is likely a legacy package still offered online, but you should and can switch to Mix and Match pricing. Switching has to be done by an official service representative. Please reach out to Verizon social media support team through Twitter or Facebook. You will be given a link to enter a secure chat. Verizon social media support is 24/7/365, so no need to wait until 8am in the morning for phone support centers. Also, just letting you know, phone support agents typically have calls back to back to back. So the average wait time now days is anywhere between 30 minutes to 2 hours or longer. You are likely subscribed to gigabit plan now. You can downgrade it to 300/300 and the system should take effect immediately. The change will reflect in next month's bill and you should get a partial refund (including taxes and surcharges) for this month's paid gigabit service.

For the poor WiFi coverage, may you elaborate? Our CLs here are more geared towards solving technical problems than account/subscription problems.

0 Likes
Customer111
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don’t want to downgrade my internet, I want to cancel my service with Verizon it was awful. Not only the customer service and price but the internet is the worst. We’ve had Verizon for a month and I can confidently can say that I was without internet for most of that month. My Nest camera after being connected to Verizon is not showing me any images and the ones it does show are frozen, before with optimum I could see anything and anyone at my front door 24/7 no issues at all. My TVs when connected stopped playing properly, Netflix says loading 50% of the time we use it. Never used to happen with optimum. In the bedrooms we get no wifi at all we just have to use our LTE and let’s not even get started on my laptop, I’ve lost so much work and time because of Verizon’s terrible service, the internet is so weak that my laptop disconnects from the wifi and all my work stops syncing until I’m able to reconnect the wifi on it again. This happens even when I’m sitting in the desk where the router is. Zoom meetings have been a nightmare with Verizon’s service. I’ve reached out multiple times in regards to this and no one gives me a solution they just keep redirecting me to other agents and giving me other numbers that lead no where. 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

There may be some issues with the WiFi on your router. Can you log into the router and disable Self-Organizing Network (SON)? Typically enabling SON would have some detrimental effects on older wireless clients. SON is likely enabled by default, but according our CLs' consensus, it does more harm than good.

Meanwhile, to bypass the WiFi issue, can you connect an Ethernet cable from the router to your computer? The Ethernet connection should be rock-solid. I use Zoom/Microsoft Teams 5-8 hours a day and never experienced an issue with an Ethernet connection.

I recommend you to stay with Verizon. Optimum's upload speeds are limited and not good for sending HD streams to other people. Do you still have the router from Optimum? You can maybe swap the Verizon router with Optimum's for now because Verizon does not restrict you to a particular router when you only have Internet service.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

As noted, you're talking to other customers here.

To cancel service, you'll need to call or chat with Verizon.  Posting here is unlikely to help you cancel service.  If you call in and select the options to cancel, that may get you to a representative faster.  You can also try the social media support team by tweeting @verizonsupport, using their Facebook page or posting over in https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect.

Over the years, I've heard too many stories about the door-to-door reps saying things that aren't accurate.  Should you want to find out what is really available and pricing, know the Verizon website always provides accurate information about their services.  If you login to your account, you can see your current plan and see what other plans are available.  The users here can provide some guidance as well, however we're just reporting what we know about Verizon's products as reported on their website.

If you want to explore resolving your technical issues, there are a bunch of users here who can help.  Feel free to dive in, if you like.

If you are certain you want to cancel, you'll need to contact Verizon by channels other than this forum.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I would start here with the complaint process.

Verizon's Executive Leadership | About Verizon

However I have found if you complain directly to your states public utilities commission or Public Service Commission or as in NY Department of Financial security which have toll free numbers and online complaint forms. The service from these government agencies are pretty good.

You have a 30 Day total customer satisfaction guarantee. However to actually get it may be a fight.

You can also go to http://www.bbb.org and file a online complaint with them. Either way Verizon will contact you.