Multiple Connection Drops Since Neighbor's FiOS Installation
ohmyggg

Wow, we're having a very similar problem with multiple connections drops each day.

One thing that's different is that we first noticed the issue when our neighbors signed up for FiOS next door. Before that, we never once had a dropped connection. We finally called in to complain 2 weeks ago and have gotten nowhere after 4 phone calls, 5 CS reps (1 of which was a supervisor), and 3 separate dispatches by a technician who has changed our router, ONT, splitter, and had us try a different coaxial cable.

We're still getting multiple connection drops per day, and ever since this problem started, we've been convinced that it's related to our neighbors getting service. In fact, the 2nd CS rep we spoke to said that our issue was probably caused by the installers accidentally knocking/loosening something on the line when they installed service next door, but nobody since then has given this theory any attention. Our neighbors even told us that they've had connection drops since the day they signed up. This further confirms our suspicion, but even with this information, Verizon refuses to acknowledge the possibility that the issue is related to my neighbor.

As such, they will not climb the pole to check the equipment - their tests show that the service should be working perfectly. They've told me that the problem must be originating from within my internal network. They tapped into my router and said that I might have "too many devices" connected. They also said that my main computer seems to be requesting "too many IP addresses" (huh?) and that there's an "IP address conflict" (how so? all of my devices connect just fine, and not only that, but my problems persist even when I remove my main computer from the equation completely). This is the closest they have come to a solution. Since their tests show that everything is fine on Verizon's end, they told me that I would be liable to pay for the repair cost to have a supervisor technician come out to climb the pole and check the connections up there.

That was the breaking point for me. The fact that I've reached a dead end with these guys is beyond frustrating. I'm about to cancel service but thought I'd check the forums before jumping ship.

Again, my issue is very similar to the one described here with the exception being that I'm fairly sure it's related to my neighbor getting service. Another minor difference is that while my original router would reboot itself during some of the connection drops (not all), the replacement router installed last week by my technician does not reboot itself even when we lose connection.

I'm hoping we can get to the bottom of something here. I'll be sure to keep up with this over the next couple of days to see if there are any developments.

0 Likes
Re: Multiple Connection Drops Since Neighbor's FiOS Installation
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ohmyggg,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Per your request on your DSL Reports, we'll go ahead and close your private support case here and continue working on this via your thread on DSL Reports.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
ohmyggg

LawrenceC, Verizon_Support,

I never opened a private support case here. I simply replied to an open thread to join in the discussion.

Is my post still part of that conversation?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ohmyggg,

Please check your Private Message Inbox, located at the top right side of this page. It should look like this -->>

0 Likes
ohmyggg

Got it. Just replied.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
ohmyggg

Mods, please close/delete this thread. It was moved here in error. I'm rejoining the original conversation.

0 Likes