Multiple webcams on Actiontec MI424WR
hardtoport
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have had a Panasonic webcam working on this router for a year.  Added a second camera and can only view it on the local network, not remotely.  Both are hard-wired. Both have their own unique IP and port.  Both have port forwarding rules setup.  Does this router or Verizon only allow one device like this?  One strange thing I noticed is that there is a DMZ Host entry for the same IP as the first webcam.  According to info on the portforward.com site you cannot have a DMZ entry and port forward rule that are the same.  Yet the original camera has worked fine for a year.  Any thoughts on how to make both cameras accessible remotely on their respective ports? Thanks.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Multiple webcams on Actiontec MI424WR
hardtoport
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes, the port number was added to the URL.  Problem has been solved in a different way.  We re-initialized the 2nd camera and used a setup program to auto-configure the router.  Manually adding a port to the Actiontec would not work.  Then we found a configuration error in the camera software that one Panasonic rep had told me to use.  I can see both cameras remotely now.  Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
The DMZ is causing the port that you are trying to forward to the second camera to be blocked?

Otherwise - but here are two of my other guess(es):

#1 The ISP is blocking the port for the second camera?

#2 OR it is because the router has a small NAT table?

Source(s):

http://www.verizonfioswiki.com/index.php/Using_Your_Own_Router

And

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

All DSLR (dslreports.com) FAQs » Verizon Online FiOS FAQ » Networking » What are the tradeoffs between the various router configurations

PS. I have no idea of how to test for this.
0 Likes
hardtoport
Enthusiast - Level 2
My ISP says they are not blocking anything.  I will remove the DMZ Host IP and see if that works.  Can the NAT table be expanded or is that controlled by Verizon/Actiontec?
0 Likes
Laird

1) When you create a DMZ rule and have a port forwarding rule they conflict. 

2) You will want to setup two forwarding rules. One for each respective camera going to a separate port.  Only one device within the home network can use a given port when routing into your router from the internet.

0 Likes
hardtoport
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks for the replies.  I do have two separate port forwarding rules with a different IP and port for each camera.  The DMZ Host setting was either set up by FIOS when they installed or Panasonic told me to do it a year ago when I installed the first camera and I forgot about it.  I am clearing the DMZ rule and will try to access remotely from work tomorrow and see what happens.
0 Likes
hardtoport
Enthusiast - Level 2
I disabled the DMZ Host entry and tried to access cameras from work today.  I can see the first camera as usual but not the second.  Back to the drawing board.  Any other suggestions out there?  Thanks.
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Let's say that you are forwarding ports 80 and 81, and you use a web browser to view this/these camera(s)

In your web browser, you did add in the port number?

And for example if your IP was 208.74.204.0, so you would enter in

http://208.74.204.0:81

to access the second camera using port 81
0 Likes
hardtoport
Enthusiast - Level 2
Yes, the port number was added to the URL.  Problem has been solved in a different way.  We re-initialized the 2nd camera and used a setup program to auto-configure the router.  Manually adding a port to the Actiontec would not work.  Then we found a configuration error in the camera software that one Panasonic rep had told me to use.  I can see both cameras remotely now.  Thanks for everyone's suggestions.
0 Likes