My Actiontec died and a replacement rev d was sent..
Lee_Kay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now since it was installed I have had nothing but issues.  I have to {word filter avoidance}  with my pc for hours at a time to get the internet to get passed the router to my pc.  I have to disable network cards in turn and bring them back on to get it to work. Not only this but I now you don't like Peer to Peer stuff but believe me its easier to send pics to my family thats splattered in all 4 corners of the world (Astralia, England, France, Ireland, Northern NY and Japan.)

It could well be copied games but its a {word filter avoidance}  of alot of family pics we share and its easier and should be faster to share it peer to peer.  But Verizon chokes my internet.  I have my upload restricter to 90K and I have 20/20 service so why would my internet become totaly un responcive at 90k upload?

Anyway back to the real problem when I get my internet working again it drops out during the day and I have to go through the who reboot diable reinable network ports then delete or create a  bridge to get it to work.  Why?

Im sick of it and im at the point I wana just take it all out and stack it high and tell them to come and get it.

Here is the ongoing actions I take.

Pc, PS3, Xbox or Wii say they lose connection to the network. So I go over reboot the router. 

All lights solid or flashing if they should be. Go over to any device.  Everything has an IP cool so we should be good...  Wrong no internet conection.  Xbox tells me its a fire wall setting, The PC says it cant display the picture but has no issues logging on to the router.

So I turn it off wait go back turn it on unplug my pc from it the wireless connections still refuse to work. Turn it off and wait 10-30mins come back plug it in set up doesnt work i turn everything off come back and for no reason it connects out the blue and can reach the internet.  But ethernet takes it being plugged in to the router and disable and re enable the network cards to get back on.

Its stupid and it seems to be at your end but the router says its connected.

Message Edited by KaLin on 11-09-2008 07:44 AM
0 Likes
Re: My Actiontec died and a replacement rev d was sent..
prisaz
Legend
Do you have a MOCA feed from your ONT for your internet, or is there an ethernet cable from your ONT to the router? If the router does not have ethernet cable to the ONT and only COAX then your stuck. You must have the Ethernet turned on at the ONT. Requires a call to Verizon. Then you can use the router of your choice. If you have FIOS TV you would need to keep your Actiontec for your channel guide and plug it into your new router. I have the older 610 ONT and it does not support MOCA so it's ethernet to the Actiontec. Never had issues. But I hear peer to peer has issues with the Actiontec..
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

peer to peer isn't bad as when I need to send something I just use AIM as it allows a faster connect and can send up to 1 gig at a time.  Now I take it you have set up your portforwarding for your additional devices.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

awkward I was in another thread when I posted this.

Message Edited by Techman28 on 11-12-2008 11:55 AM
0 Likes