My Bill Jumped from $125/Mo to $195/Mo
kccmc

My bill jumped from $125/mo to $195/mo as the promo discount expired. Seems a broken business model to ask long-time established customers to pay more to subsidize chasing new customers with discounts. On the Verizon website is a nice "$79.99/mo" gigabit+TV+phone offer (yes, tons of fees get added to that as noted here), but not available to exisitng customers? Crazy!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Bill Jumped from $125/Mo to $195/Mo
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As stated above, new customers get better rates than existing.

But this is not a Verizon only phenomena.

Happens with most if nto all service providers.

And not just cable.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@KCfromMA wrote:

My bill jumped from $125/mo to $195/mo as the promo discount expired. Seems a broken business model to ask long-time established customers to pay more to subsidize chasing new customers with discounts. On the Verizon website is a nice "$79.99/mo" gigabit+TV+phone offer (yes, tons of fees get added to that as noted here), but not available to exisitng customers? Crazy!

It is a situation you were aware of when you first obtained service. The discounts end in two years. Normally one or more in year one end, then the rest at end of year two.

you took the service under those terms and conditions.

yes they (Verizon) has great teaser rates for new customers. You could try calling over and over to see if you can get a discount. However if you say cancel service the telephone will switch you to retention’s. Now I would check out cable or other service prior to calling. Get the prices, non contract rates. Then tell Verizon you will go to them if they don’t match, or be lower than your quoted pricing.

verizon normally will not budge, so be prepared to cancel on the spot.

verizon will contact you via mail etc. to try and get you back. Crazy I agree when they could have kept the customers but all the services play that game.

per your last observation it’s tv and phone that cause all those taxes and surcharges.

there are no taxes on Internet only.

get a streaming tv service for $25-$35 a month like Hulu or DirectTVNOW and get MagicJack for VoIP service and you save a gazillion dollars a year.

i did this with Time Warner and it’s constant Rite increases. Took Fios gigabyte and have the tv streaming and VoIP for our phone.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As stated above, new customers get better rates than existing.

But this is not a Verizon only phenomena.

Happens with most if nto all service providers.

And not just cable.

0 Likes