My fios internet service was cancelled without my permission after I retuned router
O889
Enthusiast - Level 1

I returned my verizon router today around 6pm at the verizon store and when I returned home I found out my internet is no longer working. I tried to restart and reboot until i checked my email and saw an email from verizon saying my account is closed!! What! How is verizon cancelling my account without confirming with me? and is it verizons policy to cancel customers account as soon as a router is returned?

it just baffles me that they can cancel an account with checking with the customer. I have been in touch with customer service and now I have to wait till 8 am tomorrow to speak to customer service on the phone. I am  hoping I can restore my service because if I have to get a new account and wait for technician that would be extremely frustrating as I work from home. Has this happened to anyone else? I am still shocked that my service was cancelled without letting me know or taking my permission. This is unheard of. 

Re: My fios internet service was cancelled without my permission after I retuned router
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am sorry for your experience. This seems to be a communication error. To restore your service, you can contact the Social Media support team on Facebook and Twitter. They are 24/7 and should be glad to assist you restoring your Internet as soon as possible. You can be escalated here to support as well, but that typically takes a while.

Re: My fios internet service was cancelled without my permission after I retuned router
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi O889,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.