My Fios login trouble
pcolli
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been getting an “unable to

authenticate with server” when logging on to the My Fios app on a new iPhone. Username and password are correct, aren’t too long and don’t have any special characters. They do work from any desktop and even work in the browser on the phone where the app resides. I have deleted the app, reinstalled and restarted. Customer service has been unable to fix the issue.

I believe the issue started after I bought a new phone. If I give the app the correct credentials it will take a while before giving me the unable to authenticate error. If I purposefully give the app a bad password it immediately tells me I my info doesn’t match what’s on file. It’s like the app knows me but I’m missing an additional layer of hidden authentication….. it’s almost like the app is looking for my old IMEI number or something else associated with my old phone. 

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Fios login trouble
pcolli
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just turned on OneID and authenticated through my phone. Now both My Fios and My Verizon apps show my Fios account. Somehow My Fios will marry to your mobile device and when you upgrade it will no longer function until you fool it into reauthenticating 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have some security settings associated with your account? I don't recall Verizon accounts have this feature.

pcolli
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just turned on OneID and authenticated through my phone. Now both My Fios and My Verizon apps show my Fios account. Somehow My Fios will marry to your mobile device and when you upgrade it will no longer function until you fool it into reauthenticating 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes