My Upload speed is nearly 0.01 mbps?
Ptnguyen
Enthusiast - Level 3

MY current plan with Verizon is a 15/5mbps, for past couple weeks, my upload speed is nearly 0.01mbps.

The downloading speed seem working normally. But my upload speed seem to almost hit 0.00. This frustrated me because, everytime i tried to host a game, the game alwasy end up disconnected from all other players. Another reason is when i tried to upload photo or video to shared with my family it would take days to upload a 50mbs file.

I went on to Verizon fios speed test site and test my speed. My downloading speed seem working normally at 15.04mbp/s but my upload freeze. Can someone help me?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Upload speed is nearly 0.01 mbps?
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Are you using a wired or wifi connection to your FiOS router?

0 Likes
Ptnguyen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im currently connecting this comp using Wired Connection, never use wifi for this desktop.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try another network cable, and another network port on your router to rule out any issues with either one of those elements. Also, of course, do a router reboot/reset and consider rebooting your ONT (Unplug it, disconnect battery, wait 30 seconds, and reverse re-connecting the power).

If you're still having problems, you'll want to get Verizon out to figure out why your upload is shoddy. It could easily be due to dirty/damaged fiber.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

The only other suggestion I would add to those made by Smith6612 is, if possible, connection another computer via Ethernet cable to your router and run a test at the Verizon speed test or at www.speedtest.net.  A laptop PC or MacBook would do the trick.

For troubleshooting purposes, I would want to eliminate the possiblity that the problem is happening with the NIC in your desktop PC.

0 Likes