Need confirmation on Wireless B Game Adapter (WGA11B) w/ 9100EMB
Stinkfritz

Brand new FIOS member.  I've tried several times to get my XBOX 360 & the wireless B game adapter to work with this 9100EM.

The game adapter is Linksys WGA11B. 

For whatever reason its not getting the signal.  I called the V-FIOS Tech and he said it won't work.  I need to purchase the XBOX wireless game adapter.

Is this true?

I had Verizon DSL before w/ Linksys router & same wireless adapter and everything worked fine before FIOS. 

PLEASE ADVISE!

0 Likes
Re: Need confirmation on Wireless B Game Adapter (WGA11B) w/ 9100EMB
spacedebris
Master - Level 2
It should work fine. its just a standard wireless adaptor and like any wireless system they should all talk together just fine. Just remember that the new rouer is using WEP 64bit security so you need to make sure that you are putting in your key number into the xbox. Also the verizon router has a firewall that will block the xbox ports by default so you will need to log into the router and set up the xbox port forwarding.
0 Likes
Stinkfritz
Thanks for response.  I have faith that this will work, unfortunately not the knowledge to set the $#_)@*% up.  I've wasted so many hours trying to get this to work.  Any chance you can point me to a step-by-step set up?  Apparently everything I've done according to the Xbox instructions, FIOS instructions & wireless adapter instructions isn't sinking.    At this point I'd just like to start over.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

This is a link that I found in another posting in these forums. If you enter xbox in the search window on the forum page you will find many postings. I hope this step by step helps.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26489029&msg_id=306877087

0 Likes
jjct1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same issue.  It has nothing to do with the Xbox but it seems like the WGA11B is causing problems with the Westell.  I keep getting the following error message in my Westell system log when the WGA11B tries to connect:

daemon.warn DNS: unknown PTR name format

Did you get the WGA11B working?

0 Likes
jjct1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to fix this.  To get it to work, I made two changes, not sure which one did it but I will post them to hopefully help others in the future

• Changed wep Network Authentication to both - noticed the WGA11B was configured to both by looking at the adapters web based configuration.  This setting can be found in the Advanced Wireless options.
  • Changed dhcp ip pool - the adapter defaults to 192.168.1.253, I changed to IP pool to stop at 192.168.1.200, the adapters ip range would be above the pool so the router wouldn't detect a conflict and reject.  I changed the settings by looking in the System Monitoring  section, select Full Status, clicking on the Network (Home/Office) header, then IP Distribution link

After this, the adapter was able to connect to the Westell and my laptop was given an IP address from the pool.

0 Likes