Need help setting up router for home network
Zulfi
Enthusiast - Level 1

The DI-624 wizard asks for the type and the choices are: (1) Dynamic IP addr, (2) Static IP addr, (3) PPPoE, and some more. My question is, for Verizon Fios service, what should I select and if it is Static, what addresses I should enter in the following screen. Note: It says.. ask your ISP, but of course its impossible to contact Verizon, as I'm sur you know. Thanks, Zulfi.

0 Likes
Re: Need help setting up router for home network
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

It's not impossible to contact Verizon. You have a number of options, listed on the Contact Us page.

Odds are it's either a dynamic or PPPoE connection, since you have to pay extra and have a business class account for a static IP. Try the dynamic option, see if it works. If it doesn't, then try PPPoE with any username and password, since it is probably "open" PPPoE. If neither of these options work, then you probably have to contact Tech Support for more extensive troubleshooting.

Zulfi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Somegirl - I spoke with a Verizon agent and selected 'Dynamic IP Address', rest went ok, yet I cannot access web (connection problems from windows). Windows fails to diagnose, Verizon HomeAgent software cannot logon to the router (even though I can directly using 192.168.01.1). Not sure what to do next...

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Is your computer getting a valid IP address from your router?

Are you able to ping websites (using the command prompt)?

Are any programs that use the connection other than your browser able to connect (email clients, file sharing software, messengers, etc.)?

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

You said you have a dlink router right?  so the IP wont be 192.168.01.1   it will be  192.168.0.1     This may have been a typo in your post but I just wanted to make sure that you are using the proper IP.

0 Likes