Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Need password to connect new device to network. Where can I find that?

Contributor
Contributor

Need password to connect new device to network. Where can I find that?

Message 1 of 2
(549 Views)

?

1 REPLY 1
jonjones
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Need password to connect new device to network. Where can I find that?

Message 2 of 2
(549 Views)

@238 wrote:

?

Well it depends on if you are using a Fios router or your own supplied router.

if Fios router the information such as wifi password or master password is right on the router. It is best after you access your router (which should have been done on day it was set up for use) to change the password for router access and for wifi .

if you are using your own router like a Netgear (like I do) you enter the router as per the routers instructions and either change the supplied wifi password or just jot it down and use the one the manufacturer set in the router.

devices connected directly to the router do not require any password. Just wifi connected device do.

in your routers documentation it shows how to use WPS which is a code in the router that is supposed to allow a wifi device on your network. This does not always work so I use a password to connect.

Good Luck 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title