Neeed escalation my speeds are horrendous - under 2 mbps download
tannor1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called up Verizon after getting horrible speed, I am suppose to get 25/25, I noticed everything was going slow tonight, called up first guy decided to send out router....after doing usual troubleshooting.

Well after I got off the phone with him, I called back, and second guy had me plug the ethernet cable from the router directly to my desktop and get same results.

Here are my speeds from verizon speedtest

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done
SendBufferSize set to [261360]
running 10s outbound test (client to server) . . . . . 100.82Kb/s
running 10s inbound test (server to client) . . . . . . 8.57kb/s
Information: Network Middlebox is modifying MSS variable
Server IP addresses are preserved End-to-End
Information: Network Address Translation (NAT) box is modifying the Client's IP address
Server says [173.62.26.x] but Client says [192.168.1.10]

He said there is nothing they can do and I need to wait for the router on Monday or Tuesday.

Even though he agrees it is not the router.

Since i get these results diectly from my desktop the ONT.

He said it could be a netowrk outage but needs more people to call up and to give it some time.

I have had FIOS installed in Jan, and have had 6 technicains come to my house for an entirely different issue, which they ultimately fixed, but I never ever had so many issue when on Time Warner. 

Please escalate this, especailly if going to send a technicain, I can only do it on the weekends since I work during the week,

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Neeed escalation my speeds are horrendous - under 2 mbps download
tannor1
Enthusiast - Level 3

oh good to know.

I am really afraid to jinyx myself 2 minutes after I posted at DSLreports...everything seems to have cleared up.  But who knows might come back.

I don't mind if they are having network isssues as long as they are aware and I know they are working on it...I think that is what bothers me the most, just to say nothing we can do about it until Mon or tues.

I will close this I guess.  Thanks

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Try rebooting your ont first.

If that doesn't help then cross post this in the vzdirect forum

Or reach out to the Verizon Twitter Support

0 Likes
tannor1
Enthusiast - Level 3

He already tried to reboot the ONT...

I thought I would get more support here then dsl reports?

Sometimes the download speeds gets as high as 5 mpbs...but that is if I am lucky.

I am guessing they have to replace the ONT, or there is a network isssue somewhere....

Hubrisnxs
Legend

The Verizon Community Forums is where customers help other customers.  
If you need assistance for specific Verizon account issues, please contact us

So we are all just customers,  the VZ direct forums at dsl reports are manned by Fios Tech's, and the Verizon Twitter are also manned by Verizon Tech's. 

0 Likes
tannor1
Enthusiast - Level 3

oh good to know.

I am really afraid to jinyx myself 2 minutes after I posted at DSLreports...everything seems to have cleared up.  But who knows might come back.

I don't mind if they are having network isssues as long as they are aware and I know they are working on it...I think that is what bothers me the most, just to say nothing we can do about it until Mon or tues.

I will close this I guess.  Thanks