Netflix emails being bounced back from Verizon?
ScuseMe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the end of October, I've been unable to receive any emails from netflix.com . Every couple of days, Netflix alerts me that my email address is invalid. I go in and reauthorize it, and a couple days later, I get the same message again. After reauthorizing my email address several times, I got a little suspicious about this problem, so I called Netflix to see what's up.

Netflix told me that their emails to me are being bounced back to them. They advised me to check my firewall, SPAM filters, etc. (basically canned responses), but could not help me further.

Today, I got the same invalid email address alert from Netflix. Now, my email's been in existence for several years, and I continue to get email from it regularly. I don't have any SPAM filtering on that would block Netflix from my account (in fact, Netflix is in my whitelist). It seems that the Netflix emails are not arriving into my account at all.

My configuration is to have all my email accounts forwarded to one IMAP account of my own, which I then process accordingly. I've been using this setup for over a year. There is no Netflix emails in any SPAM folders, either on Verizon's server, nor in my IMAP account. The emails seem to be bouncing back to Netflix before they come to me. As I said before, this all started at the end of October.

Does anyone else have problems receiving emails from Netflix? Any known problems on Verizon's end (accidentally blocking the Netflix domain, for instance).

Thanks.

Mike

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Netflix emails being bounced back from Verizon?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If they are being bounced back to Netflix, you should see if you can get a copy of the bounceback message. The contents of the message would give a bit more insight into what the issue is.

0 Likes
Re: Netflix emails being bounced back from Verizon?
ScuseMe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.

In the meantime, while I'm dealing with Netflix, I went ahead and changed my Netflix email from my Verizon one to another email I have. and you know what, that email works fine with Netflix. Very strange.

Mike

0 Likes