Netflix streaming problems
DaleR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think Verizon should hold their customers hostage to their struggle with Cogent...  I will probably have to cancel Netflix because it is currently un-watchable during prime hours..  But this negitive experience is for Verizon too.  If I had more ISP options, I would probably change ISP.  Can anybody say Google Fiber?  I'll sign up now.

0 Likes
Re: Netflix streaming problems
anonFios
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
DaleR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Maybe..  Remember when we all wanted the promise of FIOS?  But sorry, Verizon, we own redbox, we have On Demand..  Don't tell me I have un-throttled internet when it IS throttled..  I ditched Comcast a long time ago because they have had **bleep**tly customer service for a dozen years...  For some reason, I thought FIOS was going to be better..  Maybe not...

Is it just me, I pay verizon over $200 / month..  Shouldn't I be able to expect to watch an episonde of House of Cards without interruptions every 10 minuites?  It really is rediculous!  Don't know what to do.... I have called customer service.  I have reset all the **bleep** equipment 10 times...  Google it, Verizon is throttling Netflix via their battle with Cogent.  I have called many times customer service at Verizon and Netflix.... Netfix customer service is rediculouos, told me there is junk in the system..  Verizon support doesn't seem to know anything about problems with Netflix?  Really, Am I the only one having problems..  Just google it...  Is this how Verizon treats customers?

0 Likes
DaleR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the only avenue to **bleep** about this.  Is there another way to send Verizon an email about bad service?  There are the stupid trouble-shoot trees on-line.  Call and you can expect to reset the router, and many other stupid steps.. Why not just tell people that you hate Netflix and you are going to limit your customers access to their content.  At least that is honest.

0 Likes
anonFios
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
alinux
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you use VPN you will overcome the link congestion between Netflix and Verizon as you will hit the Netflix ISP through a different ISP, this guy http://thevpn.guru/netflix-streaming-problems-verizon/ explains it.

0 Likes