Netgear GC110P and FIOS
Dahita

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if I can use my Netgear GC110P as the router for FIOS? I only want internet, no TV or phone. I am going to order a 100/100 connection and I do not want to use their router. Can I connect my GC110P directly to the ONT through RJ45?

Any answer will be appreciated,

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Netgear GC110P and FIOS
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As Jon said, that is just a switch, not a router. You would need a router before the switch.

But just to clairify to your main question, yes you can plug in any router of your choice to the ONT's RJ45 jack and it will work. Just make sure you tell the installer to plug the Ethernet into your router and they'll do it. 

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@Dahita wrote:

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if I can use my Netgear GC110P as the router for FIOS? I only want internet, no TV or phone. I am going to order a 100/100 connection and I do not want to use their router. Can I connect my GC110P directly to the ONT through RJ45?

Any answer will be appreciated,

Thanks

According to this link, https://www.cnet.com/products/netgear-insight-gc110p-switch-10-ports-smart/specs/

It is a switch and not a router. You can attached this switch to a gigabyte router to have expansion on your network.

I would just purchase a triband router with mimo and external antennas preferably for ac/a/n connections and beamforming for best use. I use a Netgear R8500 but it’s expensive but Netgear makes other routers for less as does Asus etc.

JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As Jon said, that is just a switch, not a router. You would need a router before the switch.

But just to clairify to your main question, yes you can plug in any router of your choice to the ONT's RJ45 jack and it will work. Just make sure you tell the installer to plug the Ethernet into your router and they'll do it. 

VR31

Possibly. The GC110P can be configured with VLAN 2 and VLAN3 but I'm not sure if you can also provide DHCP or, as previously stated, need a router to do so. Some managed switches provide this capability.

0 Likes