NETGEAR Model A6210, 802.11ac NOT CONNECTING to Quantum Gateway G1100 Router on 5ghz band
JYuhas1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello All,

Today I went out and bought a Netgear A6210, 802.11ac USB 3.0 Dual Band Router for my computer on which I browse, play high-end video games and stream HD movies from Netflix/Hulu and Amazon on.

When I try to connect to the 5ghz band on my new Quantum Gateway G1100 Router I got from verizon, which is set to 802.11n and 802.11ac mode - I cannot connect with my Netgear A6210 802.11ac USB router.

However, I can connect to the 2.4ghz band which is set to 802.11b/g/n mode, so I still have internet access on a wireless 802.11n standard - which is not the reason why I bought the 802.11n, I want the 802.11ac connection. I also don't want to share my bandwidth with all the iPhones in the house.

I have already contacted Verizon support, they were unable to resolve the issue.

Weird enough, the Xbox One in the house has the 5Ghz connection. I've seen it inactive and active as my brother was playing earlier on the 5ghz connection.

Things I've done:

- Change Channel Mode in device Manager to 5Ghz only. Still rejected connection, so I stayed on 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

- Router Reset (the red button on the back you push when you know what is hitting the fan)

- Disconnecting from the 2.4ghz connection and trying the 5Ghz connection

- WPS (still connects me to 2.4ghz)

- WPS when Channel Mode on the Netgear adapter was set to 5Ghz only (Verizon router failed to find my adapter)

- Different Security Settings

- The Passwords are the same, this is not the issue

- Manually Entering the settings (SSID and WPA2 key)

- Disabling and re-enabling the Netgear device in Device Manager

- Using the Windows Connect to a network screen. (Manually entering credentials)

-- Supporting Pictures  --

2.4ghz Details

5.0ghz details This one has the WPS support.

Below is the Third "access point" I am talking about. I find it strange that it's there. lol it's the 5ghz band. This one however does not have the WPS support.

Below is the fail message I get when trying to connect to the 5.0ghz connection and it's weird clone. (THIS IS AFTER THE PASSWORD ENTRY, NOT BEFORE)

Current Netgear adapter setting. Again, I have tried setting it to 5G only - still does not work when trying to connect to the 5ghz band

Screen shots from the local router page.

Basic Wireless Settings Page

My computer on the wireless connections page.

My brother's Xbox one is the ONLY device that has access on the 5ghz band

Re: NETGEAR Model A6210, 802.11ac NOT CONNECTING to Quantum Gateway G1100 Router on 5ghz band
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.