Network Connection Lost at the Same Time Each Night
rgrimm01

I've had Verizon Fios Internet for almost two years now with no issues until now. For about the last week I have noticed that my network connection will disappear a few minutes after midnight but subsequently come back without needing to do anything. I never noticed this issue until the last week but I've been on my computer around this time on numerous occasions prior to this last week so its definitely a new occurence (or the timing of the occurence has changed). I don't know if this has to do with router settings or expiration of licenses that have to be renewed daily but I'm hoping to get some type of resolution to this problem.

Basically my router internet/power and Wi-Fi lights will go from being solid white to blinking quickly and my network connection disappears on every device, including my PC which has a direct connection to the router. Eventually the blinking stops and the two lights become solid again within 1-2 minutes. At that point my connection returns and my devices are able to reconnect but the downtime does result in all internet access being lost.

I've restarted the router, switched out ethernet cables, and reset the router to its factory settings but the issue continues to pop up at the same time each day. This isn't an issue during the week as I am usually not using my computer or Wi-Fi when the connection is lost but weekends are another matter as I tend to be up around this time and it has impacted me on a few occasions.

Any ideas about how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. If additional information is needed to resolve this issue then please let me know.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Network Connection Lost at the Same Time Each Night
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

I had the same type of symptons .

I changed the Battery in the Battery Back Up Unit.

Problem gone.

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/quickguides/index.htm

Got my Battery from Amazon for 16 - 17 bucks

Re: Network Connection Lost at the Same Time Each Night
Anthony91
Enthusiast - Level 3

if the internet and wifi light turn from white to red then that would be a possible router issue the wifi as far as it should be only turn off when you turn it off from settings or restart the router. its not normally suppose to turn off if you lose internet which is the white globe on the top if you have the quantum router .

if its just the internet globe light i would check if you can did the WAN light go off too because then it could be a signal issue from the ONT or with the coax or ethernet which ever applys. if the wan is on still you can check with a agent for a replacement and the agent could possible call a NT to check the logs on the ONT to see where the issue was if it was the moca signal or not most NT wont take the call but if he gets one that will it will narrow it down really quick.

as for the BBU the only way it could possible cause a issue is that its forcing the ONT to switch to battery power from wall power which is should not because its suppose to be mostly for the phone service in worst case scenario of storm for 911