Network outages
jiminmaplewood
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a problem with internet connectivity at my house and at the house of my neighbors who also have FiOs. Is there an outage on my street? Where can we find out if you know about this problem and are working on it? How do we report an outage, if you are not aware of it? The Live Chat feature is down, and the automated chat doesn't recognize my questions.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network outages
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

These Forums are a place where users help other users. If you need an answer from Verizon directly please Contact Us.

0 Likes
jiminmaplewood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the correction, and I extend my apologies to the community for posting in the wrong place. Still, I'm wondering . . .  does anybody here know of where Verizon might post announcements about network outages? As I said, the Live Chat is down, and the automated chat doesn't recognize the question, and I don't have time during the work day to hang on the phone, especially if they already are working on fixing the outage. Am I off-base in thinking that there should be a message board, or some way for Verizon to let us know that they are working on a problem?

spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Verizon doesnt seem to post outages on the websites anymore. The only way I know of to check is to call tech support. When you put your number in and it knows who you are, if there is a major outage it will tell you. If it is a minor outage or one that has not been reported, then you will continue on to tech support and speak to a live agent.

jiminmaplewood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, thank spacedebris.

0 Likes