New Computer
Rudzig

Anyone know what to do about setting up MSN for Verizon your homepage on a new computer.  I have had it so long on my old computer, I don't want to lose my contacts and favorites.

0 Likes
Re: New Computer
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well ... two different things I think ...

For contacts and stuff, you should be able to go to the same URL as the old home page and "sign in" with the same MSN account on the new computer.  Contacts are stored on MSN, so those should show up.

For favorites, those are stored in the browser itself.   Assuming you might be using IE, use File -> Import/Export and then select all the items you'd like to save.  Put the file which is create on a USB stick (or maybe mail it to yourself) and then "import" it on your new computer.

If you got a Windows 7 machine, there is a "migration utility" you can get from Microsoft (it's free on their website) which will move all this kind of stuff form your old computer to your new computer for you (provide both are on the network at the same time).   I think it's called the Windows 7 Migration Assistant -- that may do an even better job of preserving your "old" environment settings you're used to for you.

Rudzig

Wow!  Thanks I'll give it all a try.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader