Re: New G3100 Router
Gage5
Enthusiast - Level 3

Had mine about 2 weeks. Speed is good. Mine has had the problem of cutting out wifi for no reason.  And the worst thing is I cant sign into the router web page for some reason. It wont do anything when I enter the first admin password. Trying for two weeks to get through to Verizon tech on the phone. Forget it unless you have unlimited battery power.  Tried Verizon tech on Twitter and it was a total waste.  Each new person had me doing the same things over and over and nothing worked. I just gave up on them.

Jts6

Yes the new g3100 I got does the same thing. Would like to know why it does this.

0 Likes
Rlacrossjr1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

WiFi cutout or is it still connected but no internet? First try disabling IPv6 as it helped to stable my speed. FiOS still don’t support IPv6. Other is my previous post with AX and SON with older devices. 

user_verizon

Thanks for the info, it really helped me

0 Likes
nard11

The 6200s don't work with it which is disappointing.  

0 Likes
Gage5
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Green LED's usually  stay on after I reboot my router. But I noticed recently after reading your post, yesterday my connection just dropped off and I rebooted to get connection back and the lights weren't on now.  Before that I was getting m full wifi speed.  I'm connected but dont get my full speed unless I reset my router.  I dont understand why I have to reset it to get my full speed!  I just rebooted it and the green lights after 10 minutes are still on. I'm not aware what the LEDS are supposed to show

0 Likes
FIOS4play

I just activated Fios gigabit internet with the new G3100 router today and have been struggling with configuring it with my setup. Looks impressive physically and signal strength seems good. But struggling with some issues:

1. Verizon advertises this as a tri-band router, with two 5gz bands, but when I turn off SON, i see only one 5 ghz band along with the 2.4 ghz.  Dont know where the third 5gz band is?

2. weird behavior when changing the router's Lan (local) IP address (not the WAN ip which is DHCP from verizon) . The default ip of the router is 192.168.1.1. I wanted to change it to 192.168.0.5, which my previous Fios quantum gateway (G1100) had; when I change it, everything looks normal (white status light in front etc), but no internet connection on wired or wireless connections. Changing back to 192.168.1.1, internet starts working. called verizon and after a lot of checking, I was told that the last number of the local IP address has to be 1 and not 5; that is 192.168.0.1 would work and that the firmware expects it. He was right and when I set it to 0.1 it works.  asked him to create a ticket to correct this in a future firmware.

3. Serious issue, with my alarm.com security cameras. They usually connect to the 2.4 ghz SSID and for some reason, all of them are not connecting to the network. Initially we thought (with verison support), that it might be the SON causing this, so disabled it and tried to connect to the 2.4; still no luck. Continuing to investigate. 

0 Likes
JediMaster1

Same here

0 Likes
JediMaster1

The most I can get wireless is 300/300 and that is full strength right beside the router.I have an S10 connecting at AX and that is the top speed for any of my devices.  Wired I get 950/950 no problem.  When connected to wireless on laptop it connects at 1Gbps and phone connects at 1.2 Gbps which okay I would expect 1/2 at least 500/500 absolutely no way I can get near that 300 is pushing it.

0 Likes
neuebuck1

Hi, yes I have noticed that also on Router and extender, I call Verizon and was told that is a normal function of the equipment, if you press the button on the front for a few seconds it will cause the lights to come on again for a few minutes, so you can check that there is activity on the ports and then they will turn off again. 

0 Likes