Re: New G3100 Router
dkinric
Enthusiast - Level 1

Regarding using older extenders with a new 3100 router. I mainly use the extender as a wired access port. Since older extender is connected via house coax, would the hardwire LAN ports still work (but not wireless function)?

Manchester1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The ethernet ports on my older extender do not work with my new G3100 router.

polsciprof
Enthusiast - Level 2

We were having problems getting wireless upstairs in our house.  Verizon advised upgrading our internet and router.  We got the Gigabit service and this router.  I can't tell that things are noticeably faster downstairs - never really had a problem before and aren't having problems now.  But upstairs is worse than with our 75/75 service and ancient router.  The internet connection is constantly being dropped on laptops and things take forever to load, even though it shows the wireless is working.  Notice others are having this problem on these forums, but haven't found a solution. We are constantly having to reboot the router.  My kids are rioting.  Verizon customer service is overwhelmed in the pandemic, so we keep getting dropped trying to get to a human to help.  I would suggest holding off on this router.

Scottrock1

Any other solutions available to keep extenders for g1100 as wired access points, but get new g3100?  Or do I need new extenders compatible with g3100 to get a wired access point?

0 Likes
AFSam

I have had the same problem regarding signing into the admin page. I have tried on both myfiosgateway.com and 192.168.1.1. Have you received any support on this or had any success since?

0 Likes
Rlacrossjr1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

For login. Are you getting the “this site is not secure”?Noticed the g3100 and E3200 both give this message trying to login to them.  If so just click Details and then click Go on to the webpage (not recommended). After that you should be able to enter password. Does this because of a Certificate Error. 

0 Likes
DTaibi

Yes, I just got one of these G3100's and I'm having the same issue!   Most of my network is connected to these ports so this is way bad.

0 Likes
cyneath1

Sound similar to my current situation.  Did you ever get it resolved?

0 Likes
harley8004
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Teegrooving2 wrote:

I am thinking about replacing my Quantum Gateway router with this new route. any issues with this subject router?

Why does this thread say "RESOLVED" when everyone is having the same issues with this router. What's been "resolved"? I had one worked for 2 days. I returned it for another and it too had the same issue wireless connectivity on 2.4 Gig hertz stopped working. The 5 Gig hertz remained working with no issues. Contacted Verizon and they sent me the older G 1100 and told me to use it until the new G 3100 issues are fixed so again Verizon  what's been resolved with the G 3100 router.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. In order to avoid having discussions of many separate issues under one topic this thread will now be locked.  Please feel free to open a new thread for any particular issues you wish to discuss. Thank you.

0 Likes