New M1424WR REV I Router....IPAD Password Repeat ?
kenworth2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi all,

Just had FIOS installed two days ago and how have the subject router. When I leave the house with the IPAD, it wants the password again when return home!

Never had this problem with the Netgear 3400. Always worked when I got back.......What's the deal with this Actiontec??

Thanks....Ken in NJ.

0 Likes
Re: New M1424WR REV I Router....IPAD Password Repeat ?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This is not a problem with the router. The router is set with the wireless network name and password. It continuously broadcasts this out. When you connect your devices wirelessly for the first time, the device saves the wireless network name and password that way it can automatically connect to it again next time. This means whenever they are turned on the computers send this password information to the router. The router checks that its the right password and either allows or denies the internet access.

That being said, you have to continuously enter the password on your Ipad. We know the router has the same correct password because you manually type it in and then it allows you to get online. This means when its on it tried to connect automatically again, it is not sending out the password information to the router. This is why you are being asked for the password. For some reason your Ipad is not holding onto the saved settings for your wireless connection. There's only two things I could think of that may help you out.

1) The wireless profile saved could be corrupt. Go into the WiFi settings and tap to forget the wireless network completely. This erases the wireless profile so it doesn't try to connect to it automatically. After you have forgotten the network from the network list, tap the network name again to set up a new wireless profile for it.

2) Fully power the Ipad off and then back on. This is a general fix for most technological devices.

If neither of those options work, You will need to talk to an Ipad tech support agent