Newbie need help with router
norm4701
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got fios installed and I am trying to set up my d-link wireless bridge # DAP-1522 with my fios router Actiontec # MI 424.I need all the help anyone can give. Please talk me through each step. Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Newbie need help with router
norm4701
Enthusiast - Level 2

No wireless only Ethernet. Thanks again for all your help!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

hi there,

that access point will let you do connect in a couple different ways.

as an access point

If you already have a wired or wireless router, and want to add a MediaBand (5GHz wireless), to your network, you will need to move the switch on the back panel of the DAP-1522 to "AP".

or

as a bridge

If you want to wirelessly connect multiple Ethernet enabled devices such as game consoles, media players, or network attached storage devices you will need to move the switch on the back panel of the DAP-1522 to "Bridge".

how are you planning on hooking this up.     is this going to be directly connected into the actiontec, or is it going to be in a different room and bounce the actiontec's wireless signal to other devices? 

if you only have one of these things, then I think you are probably going to hook it up the first way.   as an access point.

norm4701
Enthusiast - Level 2

Different room connect it to a blue ray player

Hubrisnxs
Legend

you will set it for bridge mode then   (on the back where the cables are there is a switch for bridge mode)

then you want to configure it, so open up internet explorer and put 'dlinkap' in the address bar and hit enter.  or put 192.168.0.50 and hit enter  the default user name is admin and the password you should leave it blank.   

once your in there   find the wireless section, and then find site survey,   you'll have a site survey link in the dlink and this is where you will need the actiontec info.     the actiontec info will be on the bottom of the actiontec   it's a sticker (if the router is standing upright it will be a sticker on the left hand side)    you will need the WEP key and the SSID (essid)   

When you select the actiontec SSID from the list on your screen (the dlink site survey)    then it should ask you what kind of encryption.  just put wep.      the next screen will ask you for a password or a wep key, and you put the wep key from the actiontec   into your screen. 

it saves settings and you should connect. 

Does your blu ray not have wireless ???    does it only have ethernet ???? 

norm4701
Enthusiast - Level 2

No wireless only Ethernet. Thanks again for all your help!!!

0 Likes
Infoseeker1
Enthusiast - Level 2

You helped yet another with this advice.  Many thanks!!!

jbordetas

This also helped me as I am trying to get my older slingbox solo connected. thanks!

0 Likes