[NEWS] Verizon FiOS Skyrockets to #1 in Netflix ISP Streaming Rankings
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Congrats FiOS.   Maybe it was worth the wait, maybe it wasn't. But it, according to Netflix and it's subscribers, was well executed.

<blockquote>

[NEWS] Verizon FiOS Skyrockets to #1 in Netflix ISP Streaming Rankings

Netflix's latest ISP streaming performance rankings continues to show specific and pointed improvements for companies that have struck interconnection deals with the company

Verizon FiOS jumped nine spots to top the index with a speed of 3.17 Megabits per second (Mbps.) The rapid rise, which began last month, followed an interconnection agreement with the company that uncongested ports for mutual customers. Similar arrangements with Time Warner Cable and AT&T U-Verse also resulted in increased speeds in September of 2.87 Mbps and 2.77 Mbps respectively.

The improvements were enough to propel Verizon FiOS to the top among the nation's largest ISPs at 3.17 Mbps per second. Among all ISPs, Verizon FiOS comes in seventh place behind Google Fiber (3.54 Mbps), Grande Communications (3.33 Mbps) and RCN (3.24). It's worth noting while jumping just one spot, Verizon DSL customers continue to see the slowest streaming performance of nearly all ISPs ranked, including other DSL providers.

Again, you can head here to see the ranking of all ISPs in the US or other countries where Netflix streaming is available.

</blockquote>

Also related

Re: [NEWS] Verizon FiOS Skyrockets to #1 in Netflix ISP Streaming Rankings
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

For what it's worth, I've been getting remarkable good Netflix feeds for the last few months.  Before that, Netflix was often at a low resolution and subject to frequent buffering if not outright loss of data.

In short, I've seen a big improvement that makes watching Netflix on FiOS enjoyable!

Enjoy.

0 Likes
Re: [NEWS] Verizon FiOS Skyrockets to #1 in Netflix ISP Streaming Rankings
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I notice that in general all the reported speeds are much higher.  Just the results of the Fios Changes easing loads elsewhere?  or is Netflix itself correcting some of their bad routing.

0 Likes