No 1G connection on either verizon Fios router
hynoticautopsy

Perhaps its just the routers I have received from Verizon, but can someone double check my work.  I have a 24 port Netgear managed switch all 1G.  When I connect a port from the verizon router/switch to my netgear, the port drops or does not connect.  If I set the port on the verizon router to "AUTO", and the Netgear to "1000m" the port drops.. this should happen in most cases.  However, if I set both ports to 1000g, it still doesn't connect.  Connection only happens when I set the verizon to Auto or 100m Full, and the Netgear to 100m Full.  Tell me if I am wrong, but arent the ports on the Verizon routers supposed to 1000m?  If I plug something into any port on my Netgear, that's set to "AUTO", it configures the port at 1G.  On the Verizon, the ports will auto negotiate to 100m Full, nothing connects at 1G, that is with both the old MI424WR, and the new shark fin Quantum....

0 Likes
Re: No 1G connection on either verizon Fios router
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the Quantum G1100 and the Actiontec MR424WI rev  G and rev I, the ports are Gigabit.  Earlier models of the MR424Wi only have 100MB ports.

0 Likes
hynoticautopsy

I have the G1100, and I the previous verzion with the two antenas.  Yes, both claim to be 1G, that's not the issue.  The issue is when I connect my 1G Netgear Prosafe Smart switch to the verizon switch, it's only connecting at 100M.  Port to port, if both ports are 1G, it should connect at 1G, but that's not the case.  No matter what I connect to either verizon router, the ports that claim to be 1G, only connect at 100M, unless its a desktop. So my xbox one connects at 100m despite having a 1G network port, my cisco switch connects at 100M, my Netgear switch connects at 100M as well.  I've checked my cables, its not those, and I've checked the ports on both switches that is the port speeds... I know the Cisco and the Netgear are true 1G ports, as I have connected them to other 1G networks and they work just fine.  The odd man out is the verizon router, everything is 100M except for my desktop... don't know the deal with that... perhaps the verizon switches can only connect one device at 1G..

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some devices have a problem with auto negotiating between two switch ports.

I have connected two cisco routers back to back with 1G ports and they won't come up until I hard configure the speed on one of them.

0 Likes