No firmware online matches my router
lylefile

Hello,

I have a MI424-WR Rev F (Gen2) Actiontec router. I wish to re-burn the firmware, as I am having problems with intermittent long delays when accessing the internet. I had some ports open and feel that there is a chance that malware could have infected the router. So I want to reflash the firmware with the same or later version. But an appropriate version is not available. Below I show the version that the router came with, the version that it can update from the internet, and the version available from your site via download

on router: 20.21.2

Internet: 20.21.0.2

download: 20.10.7.5

Clearly, none of the online versions are equal or greater than the one on the router. I suspect that it's because I a Rev F instead of the more common Rev E routers. Can you point me to the correct firmware?

Thanks,

Lyle

0 Likes
Re: No firmware online matches my router
maestro2
Contributor - Level 1

I cannot point you to the same or the latest firmware for your router, but it looks like you already have the latest, unless you want to apply the older firmware offered by Verizon or use Firmware Upgrade link available through the web interface of the router (http://support.actiontec.com/doc_files/MI424WR_Firmware_Upgrade.pdf).

I am not sure why and how it happens but my router also runs more recent version of firmware than what is offered through Firmware Upgrade link by the manufacturer Actiontec. I guess Verizon modifies firmware to address some issues and puts the modified version on the routers before shipping them to customers.

I just thought that you could first try resetting the router to factory default settings using the Reset button on the back of the router and see if it helps with the issue. That is the first thing I believe Verizon support wants you to do when you experience Internet issues. Then you could reconfigure the router to fit your needs.

0 Likes
Re: No firmware online matches my router
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just checked Firmware Version  20.21.2   M1424WR  Rev F

See also attached file.

Please note my location.

0 Likes