no internet connection
Sandy410

after replacing battery on master home Verizon box, I am no longer able to access Prime Video, YouTube, or other streaming services, only Netflix - screen says "wi-fi is connected, there is no Internet connection"

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: no internet connection
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes the ONTs get confused and need a power cycle. Unplug the battery and the AC power. Re-connect AC power first then the battery.  That should restore service.

If you open the Customer Access portion of the ONT, make sure "MoCA" or "10/100/1000" are on or flashing. Also make sure the lights for NWRK, DATA, and MGMT are lit green.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe this is a WAN DHCP problem. You need to go to the router's GUI and renew the WAN DHCP lease.

My Networks -> Network Connections -> Broadband Connection (Ethernet/Coax) -> Settings -> DHCP Lease -> Renew.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes the ONTs get confused and need a power cycle. Unplug the battery and the AC power. Re-connect AC power first then the battery.  That should restore service.

If you open the Customer Access portion of the ONT, make sure "MoCA" or "10/100/1000" are on or flashing. Also make sure the lights for NWRK, DATA, and MGMT are lit green.