No internet for a WEEK
Stella

Last Thurs morning we woke up to discover we had no internet. We did all the usual things we've had to do in the past, rebooting the router, restarting the hardwrired computer hosting the network, etc., no joy. 

I called Verizon and was told:  "Hmm. That's really weird. I've never seen anything like this. I can see that you HAVE had internet, but you have no internet on your account."

This was not reassuring. I was told that something happened on their end overnight last Wednesday night and the internet portion of our "bundle" was removed. They said they had to refer the problem somewhere other than regular technical support, and they'd call in the morning. I was leaving town and gave my husband's cell#. 

No one called, no one addressed this issue, and we still have no internet. I know we are all spoiled these days but I pay for internet and I don't have it, and it is causing problems.  My kids are taking summer courses and can't do their homework because they can't get online, where all their school assignments are based. I can't pay my bills because I don't have enough data on my cell, and I don't want to pay bills on a public wifi. 

My husband called a few days ago and they set up an appointment for a technician to come to the house SATURDAY, since someone has to be there. Why is a technician coming to the house when it is an account issue on Verizon's end? There was no thunderstorm last Wednesday overnight, no wire is disconnected, nothing happened at our house to cause our internet service to vanish, so I'm not sure what they'll do, but taking time off work to sit on hold on the phone with Verizon, then explaining all this over again, from scratch, is exhausting. 

Anyone had this kind of thing happen? 

0 Likes
Re: No internet for a WEEK
jonjones1
Legend

@Lizbee wrote:

Last Thurs morning we woke up to discover we had no internet. We did all the usual things we've had to do in the past, rebooting the router, restarting the hardwrired computer hosting the network, etc., no joy. 

I called Verizon and was told:  "Hmm. That's really weird. I've never seen anything like this. I can see that you HAVE had internet, but you have no internet on your account."

This was not reassuring. I was told that something happened on their end overnight last Wednesday night and the internet portion of our "bundle" was removed. They said they had to refer the problem somewhere other than regular technical support, and they'd call in the morning. I was leaving town and gave my husband's cell#. 

No one called, no one addressed this issue, and we still have no internet. I know we are all spoiled these days but I pay for internet and I don't have it, and it is causing problems.  My kids are taking summer courses and can't do their homework because they can't get online, where all their school assignments are based. I can't pay my bills because I don't have enough data on my cell, and I don't want to pay bills on a public wifi. 

My husband called a few days ago and they set up an appointment for a technician to come to the house SATURDAY, since someone has to be there. Why is a technician coming to the house when it is an account issue on Verizon's end? There was no thunderstorm last Wednesday overnight, no wire is disconnected, nothing happened at our house to cause our internet service to vanish, so I'm not sure what they'll do, but taking time off work to sit on hold on the phone with Verizon, then explaining all this over again, from scratch, is exhausting. 

Anyone had this kind of thing happen? 

Maybe that line you were complaining about hanging in your neighbors/your driveway may be the culprit.

having a tech come out is one way to troubleshoot as it not being on your end.

the account having been deleted is very unlikely unless a customer requests a cancellation and I would assume it would be known to you.

http://www.fcc.gov is a way to file a online complaint and results are quick. You may also seek your states public service/utilities commission or your states attorney generals website to get them involved.

this i would do if Verizon is not doing what they should and get the problem fixed.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Stella

Thanks for the info, and I'll see if they can get me straight, but will file a complaint if not satisfied.

The line in my driveway was a Comcast line to my neighbor's house, and all the Fios lines are in good shape, but a good call! The rep on the phone said it was a computer glitch on their end, and not a hardware issue at all. I've had them come to the house before and the technician tells me he has no idea why he's there, lol, so I think it is just an automatic procedure. Meanwhile, we are going to the library a lot. 

My bill is paid up, and I've made no changes to the service, and there was no physical event on my end to cause a problem, so a computer issue with the account makes the most sense, but someone dropped the ball while I was out of town and never followed up. 

0 Likes
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Lizbee,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes