No internet, not getting COAX light on Router
DeklatypeB

I no longer am having my router pick up the coax cable, resulting in no internet. This happened out of nowhere and I can trace the entire cable, nothing has changed with it (it goes directly out of my room to the side of my house, nothing changed, no outages, nothing eating the cable. I have reseated both ends and even tried a different coax cable, nothing, even on a different router it is not working (I have the orange and black Verizon router, thought maybe I just had to upgrade already with the one they sent me a year ago, the white one, this made no difference and I just get a solid yellow on it ). The lights I am getting on the ONT are a green for pwr, mgmt, and ntwrk, nothing else. I also tried unplugging the ONT and then plugging back in, no difference, same lights. What can I do to fix this? I really dont want to call a technician for something I can do myself. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No internet, not getting COAX light on Router
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ah! The ONT isn't an Alcatel-Lucent (Nokia) 211.

All of the tests & checks that I can think of have been done. I would reach out to Verizon Support at this point.

View solution in original post

DeklatypeB

 

 

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it possible that the Internet signal is at the Ethernet jack as opposed to the coaxial cable? Plug the router into the Ethernet jack and see if the DATA LED illuminates.

Side note:

Time to retire that old router. It is no longer supported by Verizon and the manufacturer (Actiontec). The G3100 is the current router in areas where multi-gigabit service is not currently being offered.

DeklatypeB

I have never used ethernet though, only ever coax

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Has the Internet service been changed recently? For instance...upgrading to gigabit speed? 200, 400 & gigabit speeds use the Ethernet jack.

The MoCA LED would be illuminated if the Internet was being sent to the F connector. 🤔

DeklatypeB

Just tried ethernet. Still nothing, no chatter

 

 as far as I know nothing has changed, we got faster speed about a year ago apparently and sent this router which I am only using now because I was trying to diagnose this 

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you subscribe to FiOS cable TV and/or Digital Voice (telephone line)??

What Internet speed is being subscribed to? 🤔

0 Likes
DeklatypeB

No I subscribe to neither 

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try powercycling the ONT.

When the coaxial cable was replaced, was it run directly from the ONT to the back of the router?

DeklatypeB

Already power cycled it earlier, if its just unplugging the green power cord that you have to get to by unscrewing the nut. Didnt change anything. Also yes it goes from that box directly to the back of the router.

0 Likes