Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

Northern VA Outage?

BurtReynolds
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Northern VA Outage?

Message 1 of 9
(3,084 Views)

Just checking to see if anyone else had issues this morning with their internet in Northern VA.  At the office now, but I had nothing between 4 and 5 am today.  TV was working though.

8 REPLIES 8
CEK
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Northern VA Outage?

Message 2 of 9
(3,082 Views)

I have the same issue. Can hit a few sites (like Verizon, go figure). Tracert bogs down in Verizon somewhere.

TheGFmly
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 9
(3,070 Views)

I am having the same problem. Some sites are fine others are not. Some will show text but not images. I contacted Verizon Online Chat Support and they confirmed there is an outage in Northern VA. They said allow 24-48 hrs for it to be fully back up. No other details were given.

billrp
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Northern VA Outage? Also Maryland

Message 4 of 9
(3,027 Views)

This outage also affects Baltimore, Maryland.  I called Verizon tech support and they are vaguely aware of the outage, with no specifics.

Does Verizon have an outage update web page???

drakono
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 9
(2,949 Views)

I'm seeing the same issue up in Columbia, MD (near Baltimore). Some domains won't load, or won't load images, while others work fine.

tcl53
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 9
(2,914 Views)

I was having problems all this morning and still am.  Never experienced something this odd before. Some pages work and many don't.  I noticed that there was also a Microsoft Windows update this morning that involved TCP/P and UDP.  Is anyone having problems who is running another OS or who didn't apply the Windows security update?

dman1115
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 7 of 9
(2,912 Views)

Same problem all morning in Harrisburg, PA.  Looks like they just "fixed" something because I'm now getting to websites, getting images, getting email.

TheGFmly
Contributor
Contributor

Message 8 of 9
(2,894 Views)

Yep appears that everything is back up now.

PhillySportsFan
Contributor
Contributor

Message 9 of 9
(2,867 Views)

Harrisburg, PA and the surrounding areas in Cumberland and York counties have not been totally fixed.  Once I got to work, I found out that folks in Enola, East Pennsboro, Camp Hill, Dover and New Cumberland all have spotty access.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title