Northern VA Outage?
BurtReynolds
Contributor - Level 1

Just checking to see if anyone else had issues this morning with their internet in Northern VA.  At the office now, but I had nothing between 4 and 5 am today.  TV was working though.

0 Likes
Re: Northern VA Outage?
CEK2

I have the same issue. Can hit a few sites (like Verizon, go figure). Tracert bogs down in Verizon somewhere.

0 Likes
TheGFmly
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. Some sites are fine others are not. Some will show text but not images. I contacted Verizon Online Chat Support and they confirmed there is an outage in Northern VA. They said allow 24-48 hrs for it to be fully back up. No other details were given.

0 Likes
Re: Northern VA Outage? Also Maryland
billrp
Enthusiast - Level 2

This outage also affects Baltimore, Maryland.  I called Verizon tech support and they are vaguely aware of the outage, with no specifics.

Does Verizon have an outage update web page???

0 Likes
drakono

I'm seeing the same issue up in Columbia, MD (near Baltimore). Some domains won't load, or won't load images, while others work fine.

0 Likes
tcl53

I was having problems all this morning and still am.  Never experienced something this odd before. Some pages work and many don't.  I noticed that there was also a Microsoft Windows update this morning that involved TCP/P and UDP.  Is anyone having problems who is running another OS or who didn't apply the Windows security update?

0 Likes
dman1115
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem all morning in Harrisburg, PA.  Looks like they just "fixed" something because I'm now getting to websites, getting images, getting email.

0 Likes
TheGFmly
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep appears that everything is back up now.

0 Likes
PhillySportsFan

Harrisburg, PA and the surrounding areas in Cumberland and York counties have not been totally fixed.  Once I got to work, I found out that folks in Enola, East Pennsboro, Camp Hill, Dover and New Cumberland all have spotty access.

0 Likes