Not Getting Gigabit Speed
MrOctober771
Enthusiast - Level 3

Had Fios installed today. Checking speeds I'm only getting 378 d, 464 up. Fios to the router is 940 d, 889 up. Wifi is only getting 11 d, 1 up.

The installer used an extender, wcb6200q, for the LAN connections. The only other option was to run a wire from the back and the then to the side of the house. He assured me the sppeds with the extender would be the same.. Obviously they are not.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not Getting Gigabit Speed
jonjones1
Legend

Wifi speeds are not as fast as direct ethernet connection to the router to verizons speedtest site. Wifi will never be as fas with or without an extender.

the best you could get depending on the device used and the radios in these devices is anywhere between 300/400 at top speed. Verizon only claims up to speeds of 940/880 on a wired connection.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Wifi speeds are not as fast as direct ethernet connection to the router to verizons speedtest site. Wifi will never be as fas with or without an extender.

the best you could get depending on the device used and the radios in these devices is anywhere between 300/400 at top speed. Verizon only claims up to speeds of 940/880 on a wired connection.

0 Likes
MrOctober771
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know wifi isn't as good as wired, but 11 download seems very slow. Previously with Comacst I'd get in the 40's with 2.4ghz and near LAN speed with 5g.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@MrOctober771 wrote:

I know wifi isn't as good as wired, but 11 download seems very slow. Previously with Comacst I'd get in the 40's with 2.4ghz and near LAN speed with 5g.

A question? Did you clear the devices connections (forget networks) previously to searching for your new verizon fios SSID ? Try that.

11 download is really slow. Verizons Quantum Gateway Router is known to be junk in wifi. Just google it. You may need a better router.

now if you are using a router previously used on another service “factory reset it” to clear out any old connections.

0 Likes
fugdav

this is entirely untrue. 802.11ax is capable of 10gbps

0 Likes
fugdav

this is entirely untrue. 802.11ax is capable of 10gbps

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

From the OP's context, the OP likely has G1100.

G3100 has 802.11ax, not G1100.

Also, this thread will be locked to keep the discussion recent.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes