Nothing but issues with Gigabit
ReallyUpset2

I have been a loyal customer for 6 years. We upgraded to the instant internet back when it was announced earlier this year. We loved the service. It was great. Then on May 5 we received an email saying we were going to upgraded to the Gigabit service for free and the price was going to drop to 79.99/month. At no point did we call asking for this service. Since May 25, my internet stopped working. My router was changed 3 times, I had 2 technicians come to my home. Finally 10 days later, my internet was working again. For some reason my account was canceled and a new one was activated instead. Right now I have had no services AGAIN because my service was cancelled and I have to wait a week because a technician actually has to come to my home to activate my arrives again. This has been a complete nightmare. My livilyhood is using the internet. Verizon has completely messed up and anytime I call I'm just sent around in circles and being given empty promises.  I'm currently shopping around for a different internet provider. 

0 Likes
Re: Nothing but issues with Gigabit
jonjones1
Legend

Well it seems you have some difficulties with the set up of the gig service. However the mistake wil be corrected. You are getting the fastest internet available at a price so low it is almost free. No I am not shilling for Verizon.

Instant internet was I believe the 750/750 service is this what you had?

If not what speed tier were you? I think if you had good service for 6 years I would think you shoud know that snafus do happen. I have my ipads on cellular data just incase stupid things like this occur. Now it probably cannot do graphic design or AutoCad or other intensive internet usage but it would be good to look into.

And if you want to leave just remember NO cable provider or cellular provider can match the download/upload speeds of Fios. I think the highest Charter/Spectrum and others provide are 60/1 up to 300/2 if available. I know in my area 100/2 is the highest available. But good luck if you decide to change providers.

0 Likes
Re: Nothing but issues with Gigabit
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ReallyUpset,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes