Old Actiontec MI424WR rev C Needs to be Replaced
vinnyv07
Contributor - Level 1
Hello everyone. I have an Actiontec MI424WR rev C since I had Fios installed. I have the 50/25 internet speed package but lately my son can't play Xbox 360 without getting booted. My Tv sometimes flashes "network cable unplugged". I was watching a Roku in my room and that booted me off as well. All of these connections are wired by the way. I tried changing the NAT to unrestricted but it hasn't made a difference. I recently added a Slomins camera that streams video to my network. Could that be knocking my other connections off line? I'm going to disconnect the camera to see how everything behaves. Could it finally be time for a new router? Fios sells a new one for $100 but I'm not excited about parting with the cash near Christmas. I have Fios tv too and sometimes the picture does freeze. Everything runs through the router correct? Should I get the new Actiontec for $100 or is there another one Fios will give me for free? Thanks.
0 Likes
Re: Old Actiontec MI424WR rev C Needs to be Replaced
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

vinnyv07 wrote:
Everything runs through the router correct?

No.  Guide data and VOD run through the router.  Linear channels are delivered over coax and do not go through the router.

So if you're having picture freezes on linear channels, it's not a router problem.

vinnyv07 wrote:
Should I get the new Actiontec for $100 or is there another one Fios will give me for free?

I'd try calling VZ and telling them the wireless doesn't work on the router.  They should ship you a replacement router for free.  Guaranteed it will be newer than the rev. C and in all probability it will be the rev I which is the one they're selling for $99.

0 Likes
vinnyv07
Contributor - Level 1
If I live near a store should I go there instead? Whatever they give me it should be better than the C. I just don't want to pay $100 bucks right now.
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon will give you whatever is in stock at the time. The store should be able to perform the swap for you, but if you also call Verizon they will usually overnight ship a new router to you. In my area, Rev. I routers have been shipping as the most common unit, inuding to users of the 15Mbps plan. Some Rev. F ActionTecs are being shipped still, but that is about it.

Chances are good you will get a Rev. I.

0 Likes