One of My PCs Cannot Connect to Websites
Drumbalaya

This only happens on one PC in my house and I've tried many things.  The network status shows that I'm connected via ethernet, but I can't get to any websites.

I ping the ethernet card: no problem.

I ping the router: no problem.

I ping Google DNS 8.8.8.8: times out.

I plug the ethernet cable from the problem PC into my laptop: no problems.

Anyone know what the issue might be?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: One of My PCs Cannot Connect to Websites
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does this computer also happen to have a both an Ethernet and wireless interface?   

If so, disable the wi-fi (if you’re windows 10, turn the WiFi mode off using the network icon 8n the systray.

Other item to check is the network settings for the Ethernet adapter and make sure you don’t have a default route entered into the configuration manually that is not your router (or that you are picking up an IP address from a second DHCP server on your local network. — you don’t have another router plugged in do you?)

View solution in original post

Re: One of My PCs Cannot Connect to Websites
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does this computer also happen to have a both an Ethernet and wireless interface?   

If so, disable the wi-fi (if you’re windows 10, turn the WiFi mode off using the network icon 8n the systray.

Other item to check is the network settings for the Ethernet adapter and make sure you don’t have a default route entered into the configuration manually that is not your router (or that you are picking up an IP address from a second DHCP server on your local network. — you don’t have another router plugged in do you?)