Re: Online Gaming Help
Tektronic
Enthusiast - Level 3
to be honest iv never upgraded my firmware. most time people do firmware upgrades they do custom firmwares butit sounds like u just need to trial and error it but ur super close !
0 Likes
bigtmonee
Enthusiast - Level 2
Alright, I'm just about ready to give up haha.  I am now using my netgear router instead of the verizon one.  I have my wireless zero configuration stopped.  And I have the correct ports finally open but yet I'm STILL lagging.  I don't understand this at all.  I feel like there isn't much more than I can do.
0 Likes
bigtmonee
Enthusiast - Level 2
Ok, maybe heres a clue?  My internet connection will just stop every so often and I have to refresh it to get it back.  Could that same thing causing this problem be causing my gaming problem?
0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

It could be a clue but.... I have yet to see anyone ask for or for you to post a tracert. This would let us see the entire network from you to the server that you are playing on. The problem may not be on your end at all. It may be an issue in cyberspace or on the servers end.

To do a tracert...

start

run

type in CMD

in the command window type...     tracert XXX.XXX.XXX.XXXX          (replace the X's with the IP of the server your playing on)

and then copy and paste the results here

0 Likes
HataKare
Have the exact same problem, and I'd like to give some input. No, it's not related to the fact that he's using wireless, or that his comp is so bad. I have the same problem on my Wired M1424WR wireless Modem. Internet works fine, speedtests tell me I have 15-18 ping, 25down 20up. But whenever I play an online game, guess what, it lags. And it's really annoying cause it happens on games I've played for years on comcast with no problems. I've searched around a lot and to this date have found nothing. Verizon sent me a new modem but it didn't even work. And if you need any more proof I'll give you my PC specs: 4gigs DDR2 OCZ Platinum series 1044mhz ram, ATI Radeon HD 4870x2 1gb edition, 750 watt power supply, playing games in 1050p (22.3").
0 Likes