ONT ethernet
MRB068
My router is flaky and Verizon is sending out a new but until I have to reset my router about once an hour to get it back up. It is going to take 7-8 days for my new one to arive, so I asked them to activate the ethernet port on the ONT so I can use my own router for now. I was told that even though my ONT has an ethernet port but they can't enable it. The phone tech told me they mass produce one shell and then put different circuits on the inside based on the location it is going. Does this sound right?
0 Likes
Re: ONT ethernet
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
The only way that is true is if you are on an MDU provisioned with VDSL, otherwise; every other ONT does have an Ethernet port.
0 Likes
MRB068
Called them back and after being bounced back and forth between tech support and orders they said they could enable it but then I lose support for all of my services. Internet, tv guide, stb's. So I decided against it. They said if I want to use my own router I should get a coax to ethernet converter.
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Just plug your own router into the ActionTec router lan port to lan port. Disable the ActionTec's wireless and setup your computers to the new routers wireless or lan port.
Message Edited by Telcoguru on 01-16-2009 12:35 AM
0 Likes
sanan77
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is Not true, to change over from Moca (coax) to Ethernet is Network change nothing more, it implimented on the ONT (Optical Network Terminal), My Home set is via ethernet and I am using the Moca Out on the Router to get internet connection throughout the whole but via coax cable,   to convert the internet from coax to ethernet I use a Motorola nim great devices.

0 Likes