ONT status display via browser
RobHunt
Contributor - Level 1

In the days of my (soon-to-be-former) DOCSIS cable modem, it had its own IP/URL (usually http://192.168.100.1) which served a set of status & log pages that could be viewed in a browser.  I know the FiOS (Actiontec) router has it's own IP and HTTP interface — been there, done that.  Does the ONT have something similar?  If so, is it of any use?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ONT status display via browser
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ONT has information that can be accessed by Verizon, and also sports some firmware which can be upgraded. From your end, the ONT is essentially a layer 2 device (meaning, you cannot see it. Provides conversion between mediums on Layer 1, and offers a link over physical medium from A to B via Layer 2). Anything you have access to see is available from the FiOS router.

View solution in original post

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think it has a direct interface you can access, but a few pages in the Router are devoted to information about the ONT.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The ONT has information that can be accessed by Verizon, and also sports some firmware which can be upgraded. From your end, the ONT is essentially a layer 2 device (meaning, you cannot see it. Provides conversion between mediums on Layer 1, and offers a link over physical medium from A to B via Layer 2). Anything you have access to see is available from the FiOS router.